Nowadays, the handbag has become a fashion item that is like a necessity for every woman. But it won’t be wrong to say that handbags are more than just an accessory. Without it, there is always a looming feeling that something is missing, don’t you think?
There is no denying that women’s fashion handbags not only enhance their look, they’re also super helpful as they carry a lot of items that range from makeup kit to sanitary materials.
No matter how much we love shoes, clothes or make-up, one thing can be said with confidence that there is a special place for handbags in our hearts. So, you think you know everything about women’s fashion handbags? Even fashion handbags enthusiasts don’t know everything about this amazing accessory. Let’s have a look at 10 interesting facts about women’s handbags:
- The first documented use of handbags in the history of humans comes from the hieroglyphics of the 14th century
- The term “handbag” appeared in the 1900s and was used to refer hand-luggage for men. However, women’s bags became more popular in that period and now the term is associated with the accessory.
- In ancient Egypt, men used to carry around purse like pouches and it was completely normal at that time. Do we wonder what changed over the years?
- Did you know that every 2 out of 10 purses on the streets are actually knockoffs? Well, have you ever wondered how someone sitting beside you in a coffee shop has such an expensive bag? The truth is that many women are lured into buying replicas of luxurious bags and they are made to believe that they have the genuine handbag in their possession. No matter how beautiful or stylish the bag looks, the reality is that it is made of cheap quality.
- The first unisex bag, a black nylon knapsack, was launched in 1985.
- An average woman has 6 bags in her closet. But we don’t blame them because the temptation is too irresistible.
- Handbags were first thought to be only male accessories.
- Carrying bags became extremely popular among women and young girls in the 17th century. It was one of the most sought after gifts to give to women and young girls at that time (it still is).
- As of 2019, Mouawad 1001 Nights Diamond Purse is the most expensive handbag in the world with a price tag of $3.8 million.
- An average woman’s handbag weighs approximately 5.2 pounds (that explains why you can find almost anything in a woman’s handbag)
Handbags are Love
We just can’t stop talking about handbags. But why should we stop? After all, the handbag is a friend that not only accompanies us whenever we need it but also shares with us its space, support, and elegance. We hope you liked these interesting facts. Now you have the bragging rights of knowing facts about handbags that not many handbags enthusiasts know. Yay!